Every day is a blessing, make it count

Monday, March 8, 2010

week one of sixteen

Well….look out marathon here I come. I’m attempting to knock something off of my “bucket list”, something that I really use to enjoy; running. On Sunday June 20th (Father’s Day), my BFF and I are going to attempt the Manitoba half Marathon.

Week one, started on March 7th, which called for a long, slow run (run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute). March 7th was a perfect start date; my husband and I got to spend the weekend in WPG with good friends, and I could consume beer without feeling guilty, ha ha.

Also on March 7th were the Oscars….all 3.5 hours of it, perfect time to run and critize the best and worst dressed (Best dressed goes to Demi Moore & Sandra Bullock by far).

I am pleasantly surprised on how the run went. I actually completed it, with no problem, and probably could have gone faster….but hey, just the fact that I enjoyed it and completed it, is a step in the right direction.

1 comment: