Every day is a blessing, make it count

Friday, June 18, 2010

"we did it"

After 4 months of training, race day is officially here.

I am so proud of myself. As a mom, wife, full time worker, I have managed to train (okay cram), 5 runs a week, and I feel fabulous. My goal for the ½ marathon (21 km or 13.1 miles) is 2 hours; however I truly believe I’m a “winner” for just keeping up with the training schedule, and running in the race.

I have shed close to 10 inches, and kept off 12 pounds, and I have no doubt I have gained muscle. I am 29 years old, and feel the best I have felt in years.

My family and friends have been very supportive, and I am very thankful :) I hope they will continue to be supportive as I plan to keep up with the running.

A “Cheers” goes out to my BFF Jill, who has trained using the same program, and is running in the race as well.

Another “Cheers” goes out to my WPG BFF Cheryl, who has worked her ass off, juggling twins, a 5 year old son, a job, and a wonderful hubby, who is also running in the ½ marathon (And who will likely kick my ass in the race).

“We did it”.

1 comment:

  1. YOU did it!!! Lots of hard work Jen....kudos to you!!!!
    Good luck, see you at the finish! I may be limping but with a smile on my face seeing all the runners out there acheiving their goals!

    ReplyDelete